JOB TITLE: Referral Intake & Medical Outreach Intern
REPORTS TO: Medical Outreach & Intake Manager & Referral Intake Manager
JOB SUMMARY: This internship position has two primary objectives: to strengthen relations with the referral community to encourage more wish granting in Arizona and to begin the wish journey for families by sharing wish approval with families. This intern will fall under the direction of the Medical Outreach & Intake Manager, as well as the Referral Intake Specialist.
Each intern is supported by the Volunteer Coordinator, who manages the internship experience.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
- Completes initial phone interviews with caregivers of new wish children.
- Follows up with medical staff on missing electronic forms.
- Conducts follow-up with wish families regarding paperwork.
- Assist in researching potential new referral sources throughout Arizona.
- Prepares and co-facilitates medical outreach presentations and events.
- Considers new medical outreach tools and endeavors.
- Assist in creating referral recognition gifts and activities.
- Assist in building medical outreach newsletter.
- Assist with Wish Family Welcome Orientation.
- Area of study in social work, human development, psychology, communications, or business.
- Computer knowledge – Microsoft Office, Excel, online search engines.
- Professional communication skills, phone etiquette.
- Flexibility working with diverse groups – wish families, volunteers, staff
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
- Minimum 20/25-hour work week is desired.
DESIRED CORPORATE VALUES:
· Child Focus
The Make-A-Wish Arizona internship program is designed for young professionals with the goal of being a leader in the nonprofit sector. All interns must be 18 years of age or older. Interested applicants should submit the following materials to [email protected].
- Cover letter indicating semester internship of interest (Spring, Summer or Fall)
*Applications without these components will not be considered. Please specify the position and semester you are applying for in your cover letter. All our internships offer valuable work experience and the possibility of college credit. Please no phone calls.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Vision:
Make-A-Wish is committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion, fostering an organization that is accessible and welcoming. In turn, we are uniting communities to help make more wishes possible.
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as core values and practice.
- It is only through our mosaic of different cultures, perspectives and experiences that we can grant life-changing wishes to every eligible child.
- As the world’s largest wish-granting organization we stand against racism and intolerance and are committed to representation and acceptance, creating a sense of belonging, and practicing fairness in creating opportunities for our wish families, volunteers and staff.