JOB TITLE: Wish Granting Intern
REPORTS TO: Wish Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Wish Granting Internship will provide candidates the opportunity to experience the mission of Make-A-Wish Arizona by directly contributing to the wish planning process. This position works first-hand with our Wish Managers and Director of Wish Delivery, and when permissible, with our wish kids and their families.
Each intern is supported by the Volunteer Coordinator, who manages the internship experience.
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
- Wish Coordination: Assists in coordinating the one, true wish of a child with a critical illness at the direction of the Wish Delivery team including the director and wish managers. Includes creating travel documents and compiling wish packets for families who are traveling.
- In-Kind Donations: Solicits vendors and other local organizations to seek in-kind resources that are directly utilized in granting wish experiences.
- Data Entry: Utilizes Salesforce database in order to input, manage, and track all wish-related data, such as medical clearances and all correspondence through the life of a wish.
- On-Going Projects: Assists with a variety of ongoing projects such as process renovation, document overhaul, and assistance in other departments as needed.
- Minimum 15/20-hour work week desired
- Communication – comfortable speaking with wish families, donors, volunteers, and staff
- Flexible – days and tasks constantly change based on the needs at hand
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
- Self-starter – can take initiative to complete tasks and projects when delegated
- Commitment to professionalism
DESIRED CORPORATE VALUES:
· Child Focus
The Make-A-Wish Arizona internship program is designed for young professionals with the goal of being a leader in the nonprofit sector. All interns must be 18 years of age or older. Interested applicants should submit the following materials to [email protected].
- Cover letter indicating semester internship of interest (Spring, Summer or Fall)
*Applications without these components will not be considered. Please specify the position and semester you are applying for in your cover letter. All our internships offer valuable work experience and the possibility of college credit. Please no phone calls.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Vision:
Make-A-Wish is committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion, fostering an organization that is accessible and welcoming. In turn, we are uniting communities to help make more wishes possible.
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as core values and practice.
- It is only through our mosaic of different cultures, perspectives and experiences that we can grant life-changing wishes to every eligible child.
- As the world’s largest wish-granting organization we stand against racism and intolerance and are committed to representation and acceptance, creating a sense of belonging, and practicing fairness in creating opportunities for our wish families, volunteers and staff.